Monday, July 22, 2013

Colour Challenge for LPS

I am really excited about participating for the first time in a Color Challenge. This is also for Life.Paper.Scrapbook, an awesome online scrap booking magazine and blog.

The challenge is to create ANY kind of project using the proposed Colour Scheme below:

First I went to my paper container and took out each sheet of paper that matched one of the colors, just to make sure that I actually had each one...and I also laid out some supplies that I thought I might want to use on the layout. I have been doing PL for a while now and it has been a LONG time since I have done a traditional layout so I was really excited....


Then I created my layout...



I used PL cards from the Studio Calico June PL kit Roundabout. also, I used the letter stickers from the same kit. The "hopes & dreams" stamp came from the Studio Calico July kit Valley High.  The other colored paper is leftover scraps and the black ink that I used is by K&Company (Marcella by K). lastly,  the teal swirls (which by the way are self-adhesive!) are from Recollections, I originally bought a pack at Michaels.  I used Heidi Grace gemstone accents on the ends of the swirls and in the middle of my three photos as well.

Note: Some of the supplies that I originally laid out I did not end up using, and I added others as I saw what I needed.

All in all I would say this was a very successful color challenge. I really liked the choice of mustard yellow, which is one of my new favorite colors. I recently bought a mustard yellow skirt and I also have a mustard yellow blazer so it's safe to say this is an it color for me for the summer. Also, I think it goes so well with the blue, and since so many stores do a nautical theme for clothing for the summer I think this is great! Ocean blues, mustard yellows, cool greys, a combination that makes me smile :)
-A

3 comments:

  1. fun page! great use of yellow from the pallette ;) thank you for joining us at LPS! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with this color challenge :) Thanks for playing along with us at LPS !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page :)
    Thanks for joining us at Life Paper Scrapbook xx

    ReplyDelete